You have questions, we have answers. In time, other questions will be answered here.
1. How do I join your label? Please click here and send us e-mail with with your questions. It’s as simple as sending a link to your Bandcamp to listen.
2. Does WEATNU Records own my copyright? WEATNU Records gives full rights to the artist and claims nothing of your work.
3. How much does the artist make per sale through Bandcamp? 70% of all sales are yours.
4. You also are streaming artists through major stores, how does that work? All artists who sign an agreement with WEATNU Records make 60% on all streaming and sales through stores such as Spotify, iTunes, Amazon, Tidal, and so on. That’s 20% to Symphonic Dist and 20% to the label.
5. Do you release Hip-Hop from time to time? WEATNU Records is an Electronic / DIY label and does not release Hip-Hop, but has been known to release instrumental Hip-Hop.
6. Do I have to pay to join WEATNU Records? It is free to join WEATNU and we welcome you.
7. Who do I talk to you when asking questions about this and that? Please contact Almark at contact page for all questions.
8. How long has WEATNU Records been around? Starting in Dec of 2014, but created from the movement #WEATNU We are the New Underground, in Summer of that year.
9. If I join your label, will I have to leave my other one? WEATNU Records is non-exclusive, so you can keep your label, release your music where you like and use us as extra promo or make us your home, it’s your choice.
10. I use to love this one artist, “enter name” what happened to them?
If you no longer find that an artist is listed on our roaster it can mean one of many things. Usually the artist wishes to be removed from the label and it is our legal obligation to wipe all of their music from our list. Regrettably, we are legally bound by agreement.
11. I noticed you have an artist policy now, why?
#WEATNU takes great pride in serving the musician but like all companies, businesses, and labels, each person has a job or task that is expected of them, to ensure success. Artists also have things that are expected of them because the label cannot help the artist if both artist and label do not help each other. If you want to know more, just check out the policy, it’s very fair.
12. You still don’t sell vinyl, when?
We’re working on it, it is our 5th year and hopefully with certain arrangements this could be a reality, records are expensive.
13. I’m dying to see you release tape, is this a possibility at all?
Probably not, as it’s become nearly impossible to achieve such a goal, but it’s something we long for ourselves. If any tape releases come to us, it is solely by the artist alone who provides them.
14. Is #WEATNU run by one person, admin, recruiting, PR and all that?
Yes and it’s the best one can do 😉
Thank you for your interest.